Sunday, January 2, 2011

Walking The Line | Nazar - A South Asian Perspective

Walking The Line | Nazar - A South Asian Perspective

I initially wrote this article with the idea that it would be a one-time cathartic essay. I did not imagine then that I would take not only the title but the feelings from the piece and start this blog. It is my greatest hope and aspiration that you will find that these pieces resonate with your experiences as first generation immigrants, or perhaps, as a non-immigrant, or an established American, you will find that these pieces are a journey into a world you left behind or never knew.

Finding the hybrid culture, the common ground in a new country is an old struggle- it is a task that has been attempted and successfully completed by many waves of immigrants. The struggle is not completely new, but the nuances are different for the Indian community in America. There are questions about love, faith, culture, education, careers, and even the smallest of daily activities that have not been broached by many. This first generation is truly just coming of age and becoming a visible part of America

I do not have all of the answers to the questions, but I do wish to share the stories I have seen, thought of, or experienced, with you. Perhaps answers will be illuminated, or the discussion will give rise to something. Better yet, the reading will be an enjoyable and thought provoking experience and you will come back for more.

Thank you for stopping by, and I look forward to the new beginnings this 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment